Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome to Gillette, Wyoming

Good morning from the Energy Capitol of the World ...

After being given strict instructions yesterday by Jerry & Tammi to be ready to leave Colorado City at 6:30 (and I WAS ready) we didn't get on the road until about 7, so it was around 15:30 before we pulled into John and Shauna's driveway.  We were greeted by John, Shauna, the majority of the kids, grandkids and great-grand children sitting in front of the garage door with a big "Welcome" banner awaiting us.  We cried.  The outpouring of love is so beautiful!

Yesterday was the start of the 2nd phase of treatment.  I began the chemo pills and so far have had no significant problems.  I am having a bit of a problem with sores in my mouth, but Shauna is helping me with that.  So far I've gone through about half a jar of lysine ointment.   Am hoping the cancer center here can get me something, as one of the side effects of the chemo is mouth ulcers. 

Johnny & Shauna have opened their home and hearts to us and we've just pretty much taken over ... although their two kitties, Sprite and Tab, still aren't too sure we really belong here.  We'll only be here about a week and then move over to Harold and Ruth's house.  Hopefully Sherry and Misti will be here with Saturn and Venus by then.  I'm thinking they'll probably come up on Thursday or Friday. 

Well, Johnny's up and ready for coffee so I'm going to close for now.  Have a phenomenal day and don't forget to kiss and hug your loved ones every chance you get.

Loads of Love,

L

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made the trip well! It feels like Gillette, WY here this am 46 degrees!! Summer to fall overnight. But I must remember it is western KS and summer could be back next week. Ha Ha!!
    Loves
    Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was awesome to be sitting in the welcome party for your arrival! I am sooo glad you are in town where we can love, care, and spend as much time as possible with you two. Love you! Jen-Jen

    ReplyDelete