Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Early, early morning post

It's really early and I hope I haven't awakened anyone (that's a joke, guys) but the spirit has moved me to visit with all of you.

Yesterday was such a wonderful day.  Jerry and I even went to Home Depot to find blinds for the east and north windows.  We did find them, such as they are, and will make do until we can have some custom blinds made.  At least they'll keep the morning sun out of our eyes.  At any rate, it was another first ...  The first shopping excursion after diagnosis. 

Jerry and Bruce also started the east deck.  We currently have no way out of the front of the house, but once the deck is built it will be wonderful to sit out there in the evenings ... until the snow flies at least.  Jerry's also anxious to get it done so that he can take Saturn for walks out that door.  He doesn't want to use the back door, which everyone uses, because that will then become Saturn's door and he'll think he can walk out anytime he wants to do so.  NOT!  He's still an indoor kitty and he and Venus will stay that way.  I can just imagine them getting out amongst the horses and antelope.

Just heard the lonesome sound of a coal train going through Gillette.  Our old home on Nogales Way was about 2 miles from the tracks ... our new home is about 5 miles.  Even at that, it's a lonesome sound and reminds me of an old Roger Miller song.

Jerry put another pain patch on for me about 11:00 last night.  The one we put on Sunday only lasted about 60 hours, rather than 72.  The patch  is a miracle.  Have a slight headache, but can certainly live with that. 

I think I must be excited because I'm just not sleepy.  Barb flew in from Farmington last night and is staying at John and Shauna's and I'm happy that we'll be able to get together tomorrow and visit up a storm.  Had originally planned to have Jerry pick her up and bring her over in the AM; however,since we have an 11:30 appt w/Dr. Mills, we'll probably just go over there to visit then after the appt go pick her up and bring her back to the house.

Bruce and Bobby are leaving bright and early Friday morning to go to Colorado City and load the rest of our furniture, etc.  Tammi will join them, and we're contacting several friends to see if they'll help them load on Saturday.  We've already talked w/Jerry McDonald (our wonderful yard man) and Jerry's going to try to get in touch w/Steve Cooter and Frank Timmons to see if they can help on Saturday.  (Be prepared for a phone call, guys).

Well, the old eyes are beginning to tire out again, so I'd better wrap this up for now.  Have a beautiful day and again, as my big Sis would say, be gentle with yourselves.

Loads of Love,

L

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sis, I can only imagine a shopping outing after all these weeks! And what did you think of how Gillette has changed its appearance since you last lived there?

    Having seen that long step down out the front door, I know you're anxious to have that deck SOON...and having walked Saturn only once, I wish I could see Jerry with him. He (Saturn)certainly walked where HE wanted to rather than where I wanted him to.

    There's still so much left in Colorado City I do hope help comes from many corners. The garage has to be packed up and there are three major stacks of boxes as well as two shelves in the kitchen that still need packing up...but many hands can make lite work of it all!

    Yes...always, first and foremost, be gentle with yourself! I love each and every one of you, Sis

    ReplyDelete