Saturday, September 17, 2011

Addition to Saturday's Blog

Couple of things I forgot to mention.  First of all, we're having a glorious sunrise in Gillette this morning.  The eastern sky is fuschia with just enough of a breeze to ruffle the cottonwood leaves.  I'd forgotten how many trees were around the old homestead.

Second ... yes I do read the comments and appreciate each and every one.  There were a couple questions about "Harold and Ruth's house" that we've moved into.  Harold and Ruth were our  son-in-law's parents who passed away last year.  The house is on the original homestead and stands sentinal over the land.  Tammi and Bruce, Jami and Brandon, Jenni,  and Bruce's brother Joe and his family all have homes within a mile radius of the homestead, so we look out over all the ranch.  It is really nice, with lots of trees.  Can't see the mountains, but we have a wonderful view of Gillette and the beautiful lights.

Again, please keep the comments coming.  I love hearing from each one of you.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Dear Sis, Well, at least it is a.m. here. Another thing we Sis's have in common - that dark ale is wonderful. We had a great day with Eli Thursday and I wanted to share the joy and delight of time with a little one: He is really into the outdoors and bugs right now so he and I went for a little nature walk around his home (sits on about two acres) ... we actually found a grasshopper and we actually VERY GENTLY played with it ... I showed him how to not really touch it but come down and into the grass under his 'feet or tail' and just slightly give it a little nudge -we did this all over the north yard and had such fun - I think all three of us as the grasshopper didn't seem to be unhappy with us ... he truly seemed to know it was 'play'. A wonderful reminder to enjoy the little things in life and see the daily changes. Be gentle with yourself and kiss the youngest bro for me. Leo and I sang "HB" song to him on Friday and I think it was definitely a SURPRISE. All our love to each and all ... Sherry and Leo

    ReplyDelete