Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday 9/18

What a great night!  We were able to make Devil's Tower for Johnny's birthday party and spent about 2 hours there.  Turned out to be a beautiful evening, even though it rained most of the day yesterday here in Gillette.  Upon turning in I slept  like a baby.  Just getting stronger and stronger every day.  I can even walk without my walker, but Jerry gets bent out of shape when I do.  I know he's right ... and I like to do things on my own.  Just a little bit independent and stubborn.  I am very careful, however, because I definitely don't want to fall.

The party had a very good turn-out with a number of John and Shauna's friends and family there.  Got to see and visit with her Dad, Harold, as well as meet their grandchildren.  It was really great to be able to be a part of such a significant event.  Not every day your little brother turns 50, acts 40 and looks 30.  (You're welcome, Johnny.)

We're looking forward to next weekend when Barb, Steve and Gail will be here to visit.  This will be Steve and Gail's first visit to Gillette, so we'll get to "show them the ropes."  If you've never seen a strip coal mine, it's rather awesome sight and I know Jerry will enjoy showing them around.  Steve sent a beautiful prayer that his dentist (my former dentist, Dr. Berry) shared with him.  Thank you so much for sending that, Steve.  It is beautiful.  BTW, you DON'T have to wait until Saturday to come by.  When you get into town, we're on the south side so please stop in.  I'm anxious to see you.

Well dear friends and family, little Venus is being a PITA this morning, trying to lay on the keyboard, etc., so I think I'll sign off for now.  Have a blessed Sunday and I'll be talking with you tomorrow (provided I don't think of something else I need to say today).  :-)

Love to All,

L

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome woman!! So glad you were able to go to Johnnie's bash. What fun! The description of your new Digs sound heavenly. I am going to go look at Gillette, google earth, and find your home. You know how important visuals are to me.

    I believe I'll get some dark beer, drink one at the "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" and think of you. Sending positive vibes.

    We are still very, very busy trying to get Mom out of her house and into ours. Just so much to do. Seems to be no end to it. WE just have way toooooo much stuff.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Love Lam

    ReplyDelete