Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Early

Another early blog ... simply because I'm up and want to chat with all of you.  Happy Thursday ... and by the way I hope your long Holiday weekend was wonderful.  Seems like after Labor Day it's all about work for awhile.  As it should be.  All play makes Jack or Jill as the case may be a dull boy or girl.  Okay.  Let's try dull awhile.  :-)

Yesterday was truly an amazing day, as anticipated.  We (Jerrry, Bobby and I) met Dr. Mills and the staff at the Cancer Center and they were wonderful.  Dr. M. spent over 2 hours with us and then called not once but twice yesterday afternoon.  He prescribed mouth lozenges for my sore mouth that, as you might recall, is really the only complaint I have.  Even after one dose, it seems to be better.  Life is good.  I'm getting stronger every day and feeling better and better.  After only 3 chemo treatments I believe that the healing has begun.  And I'm very  happy to report virtually no side effects as yet.  Keep your fingers crossed.

After leaving the hospital we dropped by Holy Trinity and met our new Priest, Father Tom.  He is a kick!  It was a true delight and privilige to take the Holy Euchrist with my husband and son.  I feel so washed in the Blood of our Savior and I know He will see me through.

Oops.  Sorry.  Just closed my eyes for a sec and fell asleep.  Will try to do better.

Sherry and Misti got in from Colorado City with Venus and Saturn about 10:30 last night.  Jerry met them at the Grandparents House and tried to get them settled in.  We did send Misti home to her family and Sherry is here at John and Shauna's; however, Jerry left about 20 minutes ago to check on the kids in their new and strange surroundings.  I'm going to get ready and try to get over there fairly early so they know Mom's here, too.  Evidently little Miss Venus is already exploring; however, Saturn is just worried.  I know they'll adjust.  It will just take time.

Well, the old eyes are getting droopy again, so I'd better wrap this up.  Much love to all and I'll be talking with you again, soon.

Have a superlative day.

L

PS - Many, many thanks to Aunt Johanna, Uncle Phil, Patrick, Jerry McDonald and everyone else who worked so hard to get us to Gillette.  Words are inadequate and until you're better paid, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Hello beautiful lady...I have been trying to figure out how to get my comments to you...hopefully I finally have it figured out. I was thinking of you this morning while Frank and I were enjoying a beautiful sunrise in the mountains this morning. Remembering how we shared so many beautiful sunrises together on our way to work. I am so thankful you are getting settled in up there in Gillette. I miss you soooo much. Love and prayers to you and all of your faimly!!!!! Kathy Timmons

    ReplyDelete