Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back At Last

I've so missed talking with all of you the last couple weeks.  We finally got the new email set up and hopefully there won't be any more missed days for the Blog. 

The last days have been very eventful.  Biggest problem stilll remains blood pressure.  Monday we had to go to ER w/a readng of 196/120.  Dr. Mills,  my oncologist here iin Gillette, prescribed a pain patch that lasts 3 days.  Didn't realize I was in pain, until I put the patch on and the pain took off.   I did learn that pain will drive the pressure up.  Just need to keep it under control.  BTW, we think the world of Dr. Mills.  He's great!

Spent about 2 hours with Dr. Jordon yesterday who is  a fantastic optomologist.  He's confident, as am I, that he can help get rid of the double vision for me.  That will be a Godsend.  Which reminds me, please forgive any misspelling, etc., in this as Jerry had to take my glasses in to Dr. Jordon's office so they could get a few more measurements.  Consequently, I'm using my sunglasses to see ... which isnt the best solution but it's the only one I have.  Just need the glasses to see,  you know.  :

One of my goals is to be able to go to Devil's Tower on Saturday for Johnny's 50th birthday celebration.  Consequently I'm going to be doing a lot of resting today and tomorrow.  I will, though, do the Blog tomorrow morning ...  provided I get on the darn thing!

Well, better sign off for now.  Love to you all and as my wonderful sister says, be gentle with yourselves.

L

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you.

    I am thinking that maybe you don't read any comments?? Just curious!

    Have you moved to Harold and Ruth's and by the way, Who are Harold and Ruth?

    Devil's Tower sounds like a place I would really enjoy. Good music? Good dancing? Devilish fun to participate in? LOL!!

    I am taking your advice: loving, positive and gentle to myself and my darling hubby!

    You get rested up and enjoy Devil's Tower. Please tell Johnnie Happy Birthday. 50 years old??? When in the hell did he grow up? We certainly haven't grown old.
    Loves to you my Yaya
    Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad you're back on! Have missed you. I'm sure that being with your family is the best medicine and so glad you're getting stronger every day. You give each one a big hug and tell Johnny HB from me! Does he even remember me??

    I am officially a Wal-Martian now! After a week of working there I understand why so few have a happy, cheerful attitude! But it's a job and I'm grateful to have one.

    It was so good to see you last weekend. A lot going on at the time so I hope we didn't get in anyone's way.

    looks like time to get ready for work so I'll "see" you tomorrow! Keep up the good healing!

    Love always~~Gar

    ReplyDelete