Monday, September 19, 2011

Almost Fall

Happy Monday Everyone!

What a wonderful Sunday we had.  Angie and Bobby made supper for us and Tammi and Bruce joined the four of us.  Angie made spiral glazed ham, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes and salad and I must confess that I ate like a harvest hand!  Glad to report that I also gained a pound today.  Yes! l'm still having a problem accepting that I WANT to gain weight.  After 59 years of trying to lose, it still doesn't always compute.  :-)

We spent quite a bit of time outside yesterday enjoying the sunshine and fresh breeze.  It was a beautiful day.  Good news is that I felt so wonderful and only had to take about 3 small power naps.  The rest of the time I was up and enjoying the wonderful day and my phenomenal family.  I'm just so very, very blessed.

Wish you could all see how strong I'm getting.  I haven't had to "count" to rise from my chair and/or walker in ages.  Four Boosts a day may have something to do with that.  I can also walk very well without the walker but don't tell Jerry.  He gets really bent out of shappe when I walk off and leave it.  I'm careful, though.  Don't want to fall!

Tammi and the girls went through my closet yesterday afternoon with me and I was so happy she was able to find a couple outfits to wear to work.  She has to work in Denver this week (leaving at 8:00 this morning), and I had quite a few outfits that I've outgrown which I think will be very nice for her in the "big city."

This is going to be a busy week for us, too.  Lab work tomorrow; Dr. Mills Wednesday; fitting for a brace for my right foot (dropsy?) Thursday, and hopefully my new glasses on Friday.  Oh, that's another really good thing.  I haven't had double vision in about four days.  Everything is one.  Don't know if it's due to radiation, chemo, or what ... and don't really care.  I'll take it!

Well dear ones, again have a marvelous Monday and a super week and I'll be chatting with you tomorrow.  All my love too everyone!

L

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Linda! Just wanted you to know I'm cheering for you and reading daily.

    Tom Munch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda
    Each day this year we are receiving quotes from famous persons in our mailbox. I have really enjoyed them and think of you with each one that I read. Thought you might really enjoy today's and especially who said it:

    I've always tried to go a step past wherever people expected me to end up.
    Beverly Sills, Opera Singer

    Enjoy your busy week!!
    Love Lamie

    ReplyDelete