Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good Days

Happy Saturday All ~~~ This is the day of the big test!  Hoping to feel like traveling to Devil's Tower for Johnny's 50th celebration.  And I believe that is a goal I'm going to meet, based on how good I feel right now.   This will be the first of three goals I've set.  The second goal is to be able to make it down to CSVNH for the Veterans Day program and sing Boogie Woogie with the girls.  That will be in November, so keep your fingers crossed.  I'm also hoping Jerry and I can make it to the Oregon Coast with my sis and bro next ?August?  We'll see.  Need to establish some other goals between now and then.  We'll see.  One day at a time, you know.

The last three days have really been good.  Yesterday I was even able to make dinner for Jerry and me.  I fixed chili and fried potatoes (even if I did forget to brown the meat before doing the chili.)  At least it was edible.  Not the best chili I've ever made, but at least I made it!  I'm  getting stronger every day.  Went outside and sat in the sun about three times yesterday, and that felt so good.  I even took a tub bath and soaked.  Heavenly!!!

Can't remember if I've shared my beer drinking with you.  I've discovered an affinity for dark beer in the afternoons after taking my chemo.  Dr. Mills has given his approval, so every afternooon I have a bottle of Moose Drool or some other dark beer.  I understand Guinness Stout is  really good, so our Bruce is going to get some for me to try.  I've really never been a beer drinker, but it seems to soothe the way for the chemo.  Whatever works, hun?  Oh and by the way, the blood pressure seems to be resolving itself, so things are good.

Well, I've rattled on enough this morning.  Please have a beautiful day and know how much I love you all.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment