Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Things should start hopping

Good morning all,

Sorry it's a little early this morning, but we have a busy day today.  Have to be a the cancer center at 07:45 to fill out paper work and meet Dr. Mills who will be resuming my care from Dr. Lam.  Dr. Lam called yesterday to see how things were going and while she's still going to be the main director for the production, we won't have to make as many trips to Denver with Dr. Mills being here.  I'm also anxious too to see if Dr. Mills might be a shirt-tail relation.  Our grandparents were Mills from Missouri.

I spoke with Father Tom at my home church here in Gillette yesterday and he's going to meet Jerry, Bobby and I at the church after the dr. appointment for communion.  It's been way too long since I had communion in my Episcopal church and I'm looking forward to it.  Turns out the Church has purchased property from Bruce and Tammi, and they both speak very highly of Father Tom.  I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Not sure whether its the lower altitude, being with family, being force fed or what, but my strength seems to be returning by leaps and bounds.  Of course, I'm going to be as round as I am tall (can you believe four milk shakes in two days?) but it really seems to have helped.  And of course, my precious little brother is only too happy to have someone drink a milk shake with him nightly.  Swears Mama always told him ice cream was the perfect food. Hold on just a sec, please.  Need to grab a blanket for my feet.

Ah.   That's better.  Okay.  Where was I?  We had a great time last night.  Bought a boat-load of steaks and had steak, fresh (big) corn on the cob, salad, and roasted jalapino peppers.  It was great, with most of the family here.  Everyone kept insisting I eat more and more and more ... and I guarantee you I won't be doing that again anytime soon.  I ate so much I was miserable.  BTW, sis, there is a LOT of steak left, so you'll defnitely get as much as you want.

Sherry and Misti will be here with Saturn and Venus this evening, and we're really looking forward to having all the chicks in one place.  Please say a prayer for their safe journey today.  They've really worked their little fannies off getting everything packed and we appreciate all the help.  From the girls, to Uncle Phil, to Patrick ... just everyone!  Thank you all so much.

Looks like I've rambled on long enough this morning.  God speed to all of you and may your day be blessed with nothing but love, laughter and song.

Love you  Loads,

L

1 comment:

  1. For Linda
    I have found that if you love life, life will love you back--Arthur Rubinstein-Musician

    Definitely you!
    Loves
    Lam

    ReplyDelete