Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another Amazing Day

Once more the Lord has brought us safely through the night.  It's been one of those nights where I doze, look up and it's 1:15 ... doze a little more and it's 1:30.  Sometimes you sleep and sometimes you don't.  That's okay, though.  We do need time for reflection. Only real problem with that is that Jerry doesn't get much time in the arms of Morphius.  He needs his rest!

It was an amazing visit yesterday from Marty, Nancy, and Mandy.  Along with many other thiings they brought the most awesome book entitled "Healing Hearts and Hands."  Many of my residents and staff printed their hands and then wrote inspirational notes and memos on hearts which were on the hands.  It is a beautiful book and I'm so enjoying it.  Wish I could share it with all of you.  I understand it was Nancy's brainchild and I can't thank her enough.  Not only to Nancy but to all who partiicpated.  I will cherish it forever, as I do all the cards and well wishes.  I'm simply overwhelmed.

Bruce, Tammi and Brandon got in last night so we have a busy day today packing up for Gillette.  Not sure when Bruce and Tammi will leave, but believe Jerry, Brandon and I will go up on Monday.  That will give me a couple more days of rest, which should really help.  Jerry is doing an amazing job of keeping the fluid off my left lung.  As my Leo (bro in law) said yesterday, it takes a very special man and a special bond between two people to take on a task like that ... particularly with no nursing experience.  But then, I've always known what an amazing man I married.

Lam and Gerry will be here today and possibly Gar.  I'm really looking forward to that.   Little do they know that they may get put to work packing.  :-}  I think my brother and sister-in-law, Steve and Gail will be here too.   Can you say PARTY?

Well dear ones, better close for now.  Jerry and I have to pay some bills (oh joy!) and make sure the checks and EFT's were deposited/withdrawn.

Have a superb day and I'll be chatting with you tomorrow,good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (whatever THAT means!).

Loads of Love,

L

1 comment:

  1. Wow, packing won't take long with all that help! Praise the Lord for all the amazing friends and family you've been blessed with Grandma. Wish I could be there to help, but we've got an amazing photo shoot planned for this weekend. Another cousin grows up and graduates high school soon!

    I hope you get some rest today after a bad night. Can't wait to see you next week!

    Love you-
    Jen-Jen

    ReplyDelete