Monday, August 22, 2011

Radiation Week Begins

Buenas Dias (hope I spelled that right!) everyone, and Happy Monday.  The Lord has brought us all safely through the night.  It's going to be a marvelous day ... and week. 

Just got back in from looking at the glorious night sky.  Quarter moon is still hanging high in the sky but not giving out enough light to obscure the millions of stars in the sky.  It is beautiful.  In case you haven't picked up on it,  I love the night sky.  Mars, the red planet, is close to the moon and brought back memories for me of my brother, Stan, who left us in 2000.  He was the one to teach me about the night sky and the stars.  One of my first memories is of him pointing out Mars, the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, and the Milky Way when we lived on the ranch in Kansas in the 1950's.  Can't remember how old I was, but couldn't have been more than 4 or 5.  I thought Stan hung the moon (no pun intended?). 

We'll head for Denver about noon today to have the Tramp blasted out of my right orbit.  I've nnamed him Tramp because he's a bad/good actor.  If it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and gotten started on my plan of treatment.  At any rate, hope we can get his contract cancelled, butin a gentle way.  We'll come home after the treatment, and will travel back tomorrow.  I know, it seems like a lot of traveling but Jerry used to do it all the time when he was working and says it's no big deal.  We just get better rest at home than in a motel.  And even with the price of gas, it's less expensive.

BTW, if anyone has a secret elixer for sleeping through the night I would love to hear about it.  Was up at 2:00 and then at 4:20.  The Tylenol PM helps me get to sleep but doesn't seem to keep me that way.

Guess it's' time to sign off now.  Think I've rambled enough.

God's blessing to you all and have a marvelous day.

Loads of Love,

L

2 comments:

  1. M & D,

    I too love looking at the night sky....I remember many times on road trips we would just stop and get out of the bronco and you and dad would point out different things in the stars... :-) Memories, aren't they great?!?

    Angie, the kids and I are looking forward to seeing you two in 3 nights, can't hardly wait!!

    Well have to finish getting ready for work...love you!!

    BnA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma-

    You may try Tramadol, it's RX and what I'm taking to sleep and works well for me. It doesn't help my fall asleep but I do think I sleep deeper and stay asleep better.

    You talking about the night sky reminded me of all the times you would ask us grandkids to look for all the characters in the moon. I remember you pointing out the constellations to me as a kid and the stories that came out of the sky. Every time I see the moon, I think about you and your teachings.

    I hope you are feeling okay. Prayers and love are being sent down to you. Travel safe back and forth to Denver and I hope to see you soon.

    Love you!
    Jen-Jen

    ReplyDelete