Friday, August 19, 2011

Finally Friday

How I wish you could have all joined me this morning to watch our beautiful earth greet the sun rising in the east, and the glory of purple mountains majesty in the west.  It's a great day to be alive!  God is good.

The majority of the night was spent in my chair sleeping.  This darned old cold is kicking my "you know what!"  I did sleep almost 8 hours, though, which I think is a record for the last four weeks.  Think I'll talk to the docs about some antibiotics or an inhaler today when we go up for radiation.  I'm so excited to get started with the treatments. 

Aunt Johanna and Jackie spent about 5 hours babysitting me yesterday while Jerry ran to Pueblo, did a bunch of chores for us as well as for his Mom.  We had a delightful visit, reminicing about the 50's.  It was such good, quality time and I so enjoyed it. 

Please accept my apologies, though, because I should have been doing thank you notes and didn't.  I promise.  I'll get them done ... just not sure when.  They may be computerized, simply because my hand writing isn't "up to snuff."  Although, as my mother-in-law told me once, "You have beautiful handwriting, Linda.  I just can't read it."  I'm still trying to figure out if that was a compliment or an insult.  :-)

Received a call from my niece, Michelle, yesterday and it was so good to hear from her.  I haven't seen her in about a year.  Also heard from my dear friend Pauletta, who lost her husband to cancer last summer.  She may stop by on Sunday, provided we're here.  It will be wonderful to put my arms around her and give her a great big hug.  Wish I could do that with all of you!

Can't remember if I've asked for your prayers for some friends (and too lazy and ignorant about how this works to go back and look), but  I would ask you to say a special prayer for Connie and Richard Pachelli who lost their son, Dominique, to kidney disease in February.  They are such wonderful people and deserve all the prayers they can get.  While their faith is strong, it has to be devistating to lose a child.  Makes my situation look like a cake-walk.

Well, daylight's burniing so I better close and go get my shower.  Have a phenomenal day and an even better weekend.  Think I'll ask Dr. Chen if I can play some golf this weekend, provided the monsoons don't swamp us.  If nothing else, it will be nice to ride around in the cart and enjoy the fresh air.

Love and Hugs,

L

3 comments:

  1. M & D,

    I love reading your description on the greeting of a new day!!!

    Glad to hear you two had a decent night and got some rest..

    Thought about you last night about 1130 when the moon was hanging in the sky and was a deep orange color. Figured it had to do with the fire smoke blowing thru gillette.... no matter it was nice to see.

    Golfing would be nice this weekend.... I guess if your into that sort of thing!! ;) lol

    Hope your first treatment went well and as expected.

    Angie and the kids send their love and want you both to know you are ALWAYS in their thoughts..

    Better get some rest now so I can enjoy the rest of my day, going camping and all, so I will be away from the blog for a day or two...

    Love you both BIG TIME!!!!!

    Your loving son

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - you write so eloquently. I wish you the best with your treatments!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindy,
    Love your writing - it brings a smile to my face every time. I tried to send you some info to your email but got a bounce back. Is there another email address I can try?

    Enjoy golfing or what ever it is you feel up to. If you do golf, try not to nail a goose in the butt with a golf ball like Kelly did. Makes for one sad goose!

    Sending much love your way!

    Love you mostest!

    ReplyDelete