Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Good morning world.  Is everyone up and at 'em?  If not, that's okay.  I'm just up ... not at 'em yet.  Been kind of a long night.  Both Jerry and I had trouble sleeping.  Unfortunately, he has to go to town today and won't be able to nap until this afternoon.  I, on the the other hand, plan on jumping in the shower in about 30 minutes, then crawling into warm comfies and laying my head back in my chair and probably snoozing most of the day.  Can YOU say lazy bones?  :-)

Yesterday was also a slug day.  Other than visiting a bit with my sister-cousin Wally, I did absolutely nothing!  Meant to write thank you notes ... and didn't even get them out.  Will try to get that accomplished today.  I've been very remiss because I've received such wonderful things from so many and appreciate each and every thing.  My sister and brother-in-law, Sherry & Leo, sent a really cool a frog dish which is a small southwest bowl that you put foliage and a flower in, then fill with water.  Once the flora dies, you add more. 

Wally brought a cheese pie to us with Amaretto  cherry topping.  Don't tell Misti, but we both ate not one but two pieces yesterday.  Delicious!!!  No wonder the scales showed a pound and  a half gain this morning. Probably not the right weight to gain, but then every little pound counts.  Still trying to get my head around the fact that I'm supposed to be gaining weight.

Tomorrow is the big day.  First radiation treatment ... and I can hardly wait to get this show on the road.  The sooner we get it done, the sooner I'll be well.  I know I'm on the way due to all the love and prayers flying this way.  Keep 'em coming because I can feel them.

Eyes getting tired now, so I'll close.  Again, please have a phenomenal day, be safe and kind to yourselves.  Stop, look and enjoy mother Earth and all those dear to you.

Much Love,

L

1 comment:

  1. Mom,

    I found this quote and it seems to fit this situation.... I love you so very much and am amazed and awed by you and the strength you have. I hope that I can be 1/2 as positive as you are now and have been my entire life.

    You know, I have found recently that my outlook, or shall I say my attitude toward life has changed... No longer do I get upset by the "little things". I laugh and wonder why people get so worked up over trivial affairs.

    I hope you and Dad have a wonderful day... and now the quote.....

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I have been fortunate enough to see the truth in this, as displayed and taught to me my entire life by YOU and DAD!!! Thank you so much for that!

    Hmmmm that's all for now... just wanted you to know.

    Your loving Son

    ReplyDelete