Thursday, August 11, 2011

Now I'm PO'd!

Good morning,

Need to ask for some positive good vibes to be sent this way.  Yesterday after visiting with you all on the Blog, had to waken Jerry Wayne who called the EMT's for me because my heart decided to be a turncoat!  When our awesome EMT's got to the house, I was in a-fib.  It's my firm belief that it happened because the docs had changed my meds; I became overly tired on Tuesday due to excitement of going home, etc.  Unfortunately, for the first time through all this, I really got pissed off!  Not a good thing.  That just causes negative feelings and the negatives need to be booted out!   Since I allowed myself to be angry, I've had more pain.  Just proves that positive karma is much better for us than negative.

Our super Rye EMT's took me to Walsenburg ER where my PCP, Dr. Mike Moll, conferenced with the doctors here in Denver and sent me on up via ambulance.  Consequently, I'm laying in the hospital at UCH this morning looking north out the Cardiac floor.  Sure hoping they send me home today, though, because I'm quite stable, the ticker converted back to normal sinus rythm on its own yesterday, and once more I feel like a phony taking up a bed when someone really sick should be in here.

Don't know how many of you saw the news yesterday about the Dougherty siblings, but it was a totally surreal day!  I was in the ER at Walsenburg being cared for by my extended family at the facility.  Many thanks to Dr. Mosby, Jay, Dr. Mike, and my many friends who stopped in for hugs ... I told them I was missing everyone so much that I just had to go see them :-)).   At any rate, ER had to boot me upstairs to Acute because they brought the fugitives into the ER at Walsenburg.    You can't believe the number of law enforcement officials at the hospital!

My ambulance EMT, Suzanne, was the one who took care of the sister after she was shot.  She said she felt all three of those kids just got into a situation from which they couldn't escape and made some really bad choices.  Please say a few prayers for them.  They are so young!

Well friends and family ... enuf about me. Have a phenomenal day and I'll try to update you either later today or first thing in the morning.  Keep your fingers crossed that I'm blogging from Colorado City next time.

Love to all ...


L

2 comments:

  1. Lindy girl you could probably get a spot on HLN, FOX or one of the big medias. You were there!!

    Glad your ticker is back to normal. Did the Docs change your BP med again or back to original?

    And yes, anger is a killer. That is the one emotion that will send my heart into fits!!

    Love Ya, hope you get to go home today. What is the next treatment and when?

    Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you to go where the action is!
    Luv ya punkin'!

    ReplyDelete