Sunday, August 21, 2011

Premature Fall in the Air

Good morning to you.
Good morning to you.
We're all in our places
With sunshiny faces.
This is the way to start a new day.

For those of you who didn't know her, that was Mama's favorite way to awaken us.  I swore I'd NEVER sing it to my children and you know what?   I did and still do.  Never say never!

This morning has proven to me that I was premature yesterday in thinking Fall is almost here.  It's 67 and beautiful.  It also got up to 97 yesterday ... but it is a dry heat.  :-)   The quarter moon is hanging high in the sky with just enough clouds to make it really stand out.  Old Sol hasn't started his daily journey yet, but it won't be long now.

My friend and Ya Ya, Pauletta,  got in abouut 7 last night and it was so wonderful to see her.  We had a delightful convesation, sitting out on the deck drinking a glass of wine.  Sure wish our other Ya Ya's and Yo Yo's, Lam, Gar, Ger and Rex, could have been here to join us.  Next year girls.  We just gotta do it!

 May I brag?  I fixed a whole supper last night for the three of us.  Bruschetta and bean and guacomole tostados, with German wine.  A little eclectic but what the hey?   I was just glad to be able to do the whole thing by myself.  That's the first meal I've made for about a month and it felt sooooo good.  La and Jerry cleaned up after supper, though, because I did get a bit tired.

Please forgive any errors in this.  My eye is acting up this morning.  I'll be delighted to have radiation tomorrow where they can hopefully blast this bad boy right off the stage! 

Last night was a good night.  Slept until about 2:00 in the bed, then came to the chair and slept until about 4:45.  Wish there was a magic solution for sleeping through the night.  Wait.  Guess there probably is, but it's a narcotic and I don't want the heavy stuff at this point.  Will just keep taking the Tylenol PM and hope it starts working to keep me sleeping.  Works great for getting to sleep.

It's starting to get light in the East, and it looks like I've rambled on enough.  Have a glorious Sunday and I'll be chatting with you tomorrow. 

Love to All,

L


1 comment:

  1. Lindy - I just sang the good morning song to Peyton today. I don't sing it as good as your mama but Peyton seems to wake up none the less :)

    I'm sending my love and prayers your way. BTW, I need a good email address for you to send you some great info.

    Love you mostest!

    ReplyDelete