Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

Hi everyone,

What a relief it was to turn on the news this morning and learn of the 5.3 earthquake west of Trinidad last night!  I was in my chair with Saturn and Venus on my lap shortly before midnight and all of us were fast asleep.  We suddenly awakened when the house began to rock and roll and the windows and crystal started shaking.  I thought "earthquake" then immediately realized that, having had brain surgery and radiaition, I was imagining things.  I was prepared to report to the doctors that I was hallucinating.  So, it was quite comforting this morning to learn I wasn't losing it! 

I pray that all my friends in Walsenburg, Trnidad, and LaVeta are okay and have had no damage from this phenomenan (or is ita phenomena?) of Mother Nature.  Pauletta, I'm sure glad you went north instead of south to LaVeta!  Just heard this was the largest earthquake in Colorado in 40 years. 

It's been a pretty long night, with minor headache and some pain in my shoulders and back.  I need to stop sniveling, though.  If this is as bad as it gets, I have it made!  We're back to Denver this afternoon for another treatment.  The really good part of yesterday's treatment was that it only took 45 mnutes instead of the hour and a half they had predicted.  Sounds  like the rest of the week they'll be 45 minutes.  That's certainly no hill for a stepper!  They're zapping Tramp (behind the eye), Cruella (the tumor to the right of Tramp), and Chewy (in the left cheek/jaw).

Better sign off for now and go take my meds.  I'm about 10 mnutes past time and  Jerry won't be happy with me if I get off schedule.

Love and hugs to you all.  Have a beautiful day.

L



2 comments:

  1. Earthquake in Virginia too. Little Bro is okay!! Keep on zapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie-girl! Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days but I've been chasing my tail with job apps online. Most take about an hour or more to do and it drives me bonkers! Today I went and spent the day at a career center to get extra training on getting a job.

    ***Note to Peyton's mom...Do NOT sing "Good Morning to You" to your innocent child! Take it from me, your child will have nightmares for the rest of her life! I loved Lela dearly, she was my second mom, but when I stayed overnight with Linda we got very little sleep. So just when I was finally sleeping very deeply, Lela would come in singing and dancing and just too darn happy! I wanted to smack her! Sorry Linda but if you remember, my mom slept till noon!!

    Then Linda called me one night and when I said hello...she started singing Lela's song. I broke out in a cold sweat!

    Ok..enuf about my neurosis! You and Jerry be careful on the road.

    Love you both soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete