Saturday, August 20, 2011

2 down - 3 and a hole to go

Just came in from having a cup of tea on the south deck, and Fall is definitely in the air.  It's about 58 outside with a very light haze on the mountain.  At the risk of making you jealous, I have to tell you that before going out I had a  bowl of cantelope and watermelon from Rocky Ford.  Yum, yum, yum.  It was so sweet, juicy and delicious.  Wish you could all have joined me!

The first radiation treatment went smooth as silk yesterday and I was so excited when Dr. Chen and Dr. Fields came in and told me I'd done very well ... and that they'd blasted the one bad actor in the back of the brain right out of the theatre.  His contract has been cancelled and he's out of there for good!  Yes!!!

I have treatments every day next week, fortunately late enough in the day that Jerry and I will go up each day and be able to return home.  Tambo will be in Denver on Thursday and Friday, so we'll stay overnight Thursday in order to visit. 

We talked about a short round of golf this morning, but I think we'll probably put it off until next week.  Monday Dr. Chen will be hitting the tumor in the right eye, so I'm hoping that will help totally clear up my eyesight.  When I told Dr. C and Dr. Fields that I'd like to play golf, Dr. Chen gave his blessing just cautioning me to take it easy and not to overdo.  He also gave me the list of what COULD be side effects, ending with "but I don't think you're going to have any of those problems."   I agreed with him and, thus far, it has proved to be true.  I do have a little headache this morning, but certainly no worse than a slight hang-over.  Not that I've ever had a hangover ... or at least never a slight one.  :-)

My Jerry just got up, so I'm going to close for now.  Have a magnificent weekend, hug your loved ones and tell them you love them every chance you get.

Loads of Love,

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl!
    Ok, I'm jealous. I wish it was 58 in Arkansas but sadly it's still HOT here. So much for Rex's arguement that it's soooo much more temperate here! Glad to see that you're first rad went so well. Keep up the good work! Not much to report at this end so I'll just keep cheering you on! Love you dear and Jerry too.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the radiation went well. Keep sending good news here and I'll keep sending love and prayers there.

    Love you mostest-

    Jen-Jen

    ReplyDelete