Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fall is in the air

Dear Ones,

Good morning once more from sunny Colorado City.  We got home about 9:15 last night after a long and grueling day at UCH.  Our morning started at 7:30 at the Lions Eye Center.  Seems like we were running late all day long.  The 10:00 appt w/rad oncology didn't happen until 10:40, where they made the mask for my targeted radiation which (good, good news) starts on Friday.  We'll go up Friday PM, have the treatment at 4:00 and be able to come on home for the weekend.  They'll also have my schedule for next week.  Don't know if it will be 3 or 4 days, but I'm really jazzed that we're starting so soon.  The faster those little emoters are out of my head, the better.

After the mask was made, which took about 45 minutes, it was back to the Eye Center so they could check my optic nerves to insure no damage had occurred.   Once again good news.  They are both in good shape.  Dr. D also spoke briefly with us, encouraging us that he has several patients with the same problems I have that he has been treating for over 7 years. 

At 3:00 Dr. Kindt, my neurosurgeon (master surgeon I might add), removed my bling (so sad ... I no longer have my tiara) and I learned that you all can truly call me a hard head.  I have a titanium plate and screws where the bone was removed.  Jerry said he told me after surgery, but I sure don't remember it.  Hope that's the only thing I missed!  Both Dr. Kindt and Dr. Roberts got a little excited when I told them about the radiation.  They wouldn't let me leave until they checked w/Dr. Chen to insure they weren't doing a whole brain radiation.  After learning it is definitely targeted, they settled down and were totally on board with it.

So.  After that we went downstairs to radiology for another MRI at 5:00 to assist rad oncology when they begin on Friday.  The tech, Lee, who did the MRI was originally from Jackson Hole, WY, so we had lots to talk about.  When she put the IV in for the contrast the vein blew and she felt so bad.  Kept apologizing over and over.  I tried to convince her it was no big deal, but she wasn't a happy camper!

Okay.  Enough about me.  How are all of YOU doing?  I hope everything is beautiful in your life as it is in mine, and above all I wish you love, laughter and happiness.

Have a phenomenal day!!

Loads of Love

L

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babe!
    Sounds like you had an exhausting day! Jerry, how are you holding up? After going through all you went through with doctors and hospitals, I'm sure every moment you have at home is a real joy! Thank God you have each other to get through this battle. I know we're long distance but with this blog I feel like we're all right there with you. I truly believe that our Linda will prevail and as director and executive producer she'll get the slackers out of her concert hall and fill it with true, hard working artisans! Love you both so much!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete