Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Half Way Thru Radiation

Good Morning All ~~~ and Happy Hump Day!

This is going to be short today because we have to leave for Denver at 8:00.  Since it's now taking 4 times as long to do anything as it should, I've got to start getting ready at 6:30.  Can you say slow?

Yesterday was 3 out of 6 treatments and I must say I'll be glad to get this behind me.  I've been very fatigued with muscular soreness in my shoulders and back.  For the life of me I can't imagine havng to have 45-50 treatments.  The actual procedure isn't bad ... in fact I usually go to sleep while it's going on.  It's the after effects that get you down.  According to my Rad Tech, it will probably take a couple weeks to recover the energy, since the radiation keeps working for up to two weeks.  I just have to thank God that it works!

There is a glorious magenta cast to the eastern sky this morning, so we should have our purple mountains this morning.  It's only 66 right now (sorry Gar) but supposed to be a scorcher all along the Front Range with record-breaking temps later today.  A/C will get a workout today.

Speaking of Gar, Kimmy don't you pay any attention to her regarding singing to Peyton in the mornings.  She's just not a morning person, never has been and probably never will be.  The good Lord knows I've tried.  Since we were about 15, right Gar?  Alas, it has been to no avail.

Well, better close and get myself up and ready for the Big D (and I don't mean Dallas!).

Love to all of you, and have a wonderful Wednesday.

L

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I forgot to mention that I'm a grump in the mornings! It's only karma that for 32 years I've been married to Mr Harry Sunshine!

    For sleep I take a melatonin tablet about 30 minutes before I plan to go to bed. I often chase it down with a Unisom Gel.

    Ok sweets, I'm off for more coffee! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete