Sunday, August 7, 2011

3rd Day Post Op

Good morninng All,

It's a beautiful day in Denver ... Sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky, and life is good.  Seems like we can see forever from this 11th floor room.  In fact, Pikes Peak and Greenhorn are visible, which makes home feel so much closer.

Had a little more pain last night than previously ... but I think that's to be expected.  Isn't really pain, just pressure.  The staff here is managing it beautifully w/pain med and steroids.  Must say though, the steroid look is not one I would recommend.  Went on a date w/my Jerry, Tam and Misti last night and had dinner in the cafeteria.  Tammi brought me a beautiful scarf which covered up the staples in my head, so I don't think I scared anyone too bad.

Hadn't really planned on writing each day in this, but find it is a bit of a catharsis.  Makes me feel more connected with all of you.  That's a good thing.

Blessings to you on this glorious Sunday.  Have a phenomenal day.

Loads of Love,

Jerry & Lindy

3 comments:

  1. Hey love! Don't want you to think I haven't written but i have since the 1st day! Unfortunately, none of my messages would post because of some "cookie" error so I'm trying it again. Lam told me what was wrong so I'll see if it comes through this time. Here's hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH COOL!! I did it! Who said you can't teach an ol dog new tricks!! Thank you Lam!!

    Ok..now if I can remember all I said before! Not likely but that's ok...it's a new day. So glad you came through alright sweetie. What did the docs have to say about that ol phantom? Did they do a lung biopsy too or is that still on the schedule?

    Rex has been doing long distance Reiki healing on you so if you ever feel a little "nudge" in your soul, that's just him tapping in giving you some energy and cussing out the meanies. I've been on a bunch of websites and most say..vegetables, especially green..no meat and above all NO SUGAR! Sugar feeds all those nasties that are trying to bring you down. If you can get some alkaline water that would be good. How about this? Ground flax seed on cottage cheese? Or flax oil and as much cottage cheese as it takes to get it down. Sounds lovely doesn't it? Ok..this is how I cope...bite me!

    You just keep up the good attitude...that's 90% of it! Know that we're all here cheering you on and LOVE you dearly. Later...Gar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Gar!!

    Lindy you are amazing. Your attitude and joyfulness inspire me to try to be a better person.

    I need to take a crash course in blogging, not sure that my posts are posting because I don't see what I have written. Any ideas Gar?? Hee Hee

    How is Jerry doing and how is his health?

    You mentioned scarves. Lucky you, scarves are so "in" right now so you will definitely be a fashion statement.

    Need to get back to work. Packing my Barbie collection and taking it to auction in Denver. Trying to get Curtis' room squared around so Mom can come live with us. It is going to be really hard to pack his things but he is coming home to help so that makes me feel better.

    Loves girlfriend
    Lam

    ReplyDelete