Monday, October 31, 2011

Things that go bump in the night

Happy Halloween!

Are you ready for the little ghosties and goblins tonight?  Can't believe it's the 31st already.  Where did October go?

This weekend wasn't one of the best we've had.  In fact, it pretty much sucked.  Jerry and the kids drained me on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ... taking off 150, 250, and 450 respectively.  The really bad part, though, was that each time we drained I would start having spasms in my left side and left shoulder as well as foot cramps in my left foot.  Tammi was also afraid the site was getting infected, so we went to Urgent Care on Saturday.  They prescribed an antibiotic as well as a muscle relaxant ... although the muscle relaxant doesn't seem to be doing a lot of good.  Just seems to me that every day I'm off chemo, I slide back a little..  Sure will be glad to get to Denver and hope they put me on something.

At any rate, Saturday just seemed to be the day from hell, culminating in a phone call at 10:30 PM from the ER.  Jerry's Mom had fallen getting out of the shower and broke her left arm just above the wrist.  We originally had someone go in at night to be with her when she showered, but she decided she didn't need that.  Needless to say, she's since changed her mind.

Well, dear ones, I'm going to close for now as my eyes are getting heavy.  Sleep has become somewhat of a distant memory, so I'm going to give it another try.  Have a wonderful week and we'll be chatting on Friday ... hopefully with better news.

All my love,

L

3 comments:

  1. Linda,

    So sorry to hear about your rotten weekend. Hopefully things will improve on your visit to Denver, as you say.

    Sending you my best,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlfriend,
    Tough weekend and very sorry that you had to endure it. Appointment in Denver can't come soon enough. Maybe you could get it bumped up?? Makes me feel better just suggesting it.
    Hope the week is better for you.
    Loves, Hugs and Kisses
    Lamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ILYM Linda and family!

    Patrick and Amanda

    ReplyDelete