Friday, November 11, 2011

What a Wonderful Friday !

Good morning dear ones,
This week has been a series of ups and downs. It started Monday when my PCP, Dr. Meade, came over after work and spent about 45 minutes w/me and 45 minutes w/the family, explaining my new prognosis. Seems my liver is full of cancer ... and chemo isn't viable at this time. So, I had to make the decision to fight or forget it. Even though it would be less expensive both financialy and emotionally to give up, I've chosen to fight. I just refuse to go silently into the good night!
Aunt Johanna & Uncle Phil came up Wednesday and we've had a delightful visit with them. They do have to leave this AM, but we've enjoyed what time we've had them. Wally, Jackie, Sherri, Ralph, Kelly, Pat and Amanda came in yesterday and we're planning on an early Thanksgiving Saturday, to which we're looking forward.
Last night brought back many memories while Jerry played the piano and organ and the whole family sang. What a delight it was to lay back and listen. As a bonus, Dr. Meade called with good news. They've found a new chemo that, if I have a good weekend, they're going to try me on Monday. YES! Keep your fingers crossed & say prayers.
Well, Aunt Jo is ready for coffee, so I'm going to close and join her. Wish me luck.
Love to All,
L

3 comments:

  1. So great to read your musings this morning, Lin! I'm pulling for you, and wish I could be part of the group celebrating Thanksgiving with you tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you when I play for the vets today at CSVNH. Wish you could be there!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than luck, Dearest Sis - next miracle coming up! Leo and I feel blessed to have had our brief chat yesterday ... thank you for your time and energy! Know that the prayers are many more and from so very many sources ... Be gentle with yourself. Our hearts are full with love for you, Sherry, Leo and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey YaYa, so glad to hear from you!
    Forget it and giving up just isn't you Linda. Tomorrow will be here soon and you will have an opportunity to try a new chemo.

    Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

    Some day soon I want to listen to Jerry play the piano and organ. Probably won't sing but my Gerry will he loves to sing.

    Will be anxious to hear how the new chemo works.
    Loves and Hugs
    Lam

    ReplyDelete